Planning a road trip with the family to a glorious vacation spot is always fun. That is until everyone is settled into their spot and then the kids start saying I’m bored, and you have only made it down the street. Here are 8 Kid Essentials for a Family Road Trip to make the trip go smoother!
• A Good Book – For younger kids, a picture book with bright pictures would be great for a long trip. They would love to tell you stories of what they think is going on. For older kids, a great chapter book full of adventures will surely keep them occupied during a long road trip.
• Coloring Books – Everyone loves to color! Pack a few coloring books, blank paper, and coloring utensils (Crayola makes a washable line that can be wiped off with a baby wipe if it gets anywhere.
• Cameras – Let the kids be in charge of a camera! You can pick up a disposable digital camera and when the vacation is over, check out what all pictures your kiddo took! It is so cool to see how they see traveling and vacations through their eyes.
• Movies – Most cars now come with a DVD player in them, if not portable DVD players are fairly inexpensive. Pick up the newest kid/family movie and put it on when you pull out of the driveway. Since it isn’t something the kids have seen before, they will be all into it and will not realize they are riding in a car.
• First Aid Kit – You would be amazed at what can happen in a car. Be prepared and pack a first aid kit and keep in the glove box in your car
• Goody Bags – In every store there is a $1.00 section. Pick up a few goodies for each of the kids and pack them in a bag. Every 20 or 30 minutes pull out a new goody and kids will be so excited to see what will be pulled out next.
• Wipes – There are times when a gas station or rest stop is not around, and a wet wipe is needed. These are an essential when traveling with kids to quickly clean up any accidental spills, oopsies, or wiping faces off.
• Snacks – Pack a cooler full of goodies that everyone can grab something quick out of and be on the way. Grabbing snacks at a gas station can get expensive. When traveling with my children, I love to stock our travel cooler full of Danimals Yogurt!
Not only are Danon Danimals a tasty treat, but they are also nutritious and can give growing kids that extra boost they need. Sitting in a car for a long period of time can make kids impatient, especially if they eat treats and snacks that are full of sugar. Danimals contain only the good stuff! That means there is no high fructose corn syrup and no artificial colorings or flavors. *Note, car is not moving, it is sitting in my driveway.
Traveling with kids can be an adventure on its own, but when you visit Walmart you can pick up all the Kid Essentials for a Family Road Trip! Visit the refrigerated section and pick up a pack of Danimals Yogurt and everyone will be saying mmmmmm mmmm good!