2 cups all-purpose flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 T unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups blueberries (can use fresh or frozen…I prefer fresh)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease your muffin tins or use paper liners and set aside.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk
to blend. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, add the egg and whisk for about 20 seconds.
5. Add the sugar to the egg mixture and whisk vigorously for 30 seconds.
6. Add the softened butter, a little at a time, and whisk to combine
after each addition.
7. Add 1/2 of the sour cream to the wet mixture and whisk till
blended. Repeat with remaining sour cream.
8. Gently add the blueberries to the dry mixture and toss lightly
until well combined.
9. Add the wet mixture to the blueberries and gently fold with a
rubber spatula until the blueberries are evenly distributed.
10. NOTE: The batter will be very thick…that’s ok….do not over-mix!
11. Fill the muffin tins with the batter – it’s easier if you spray
your spoon with Pam so it won’t stick as much
12. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 25-30 minutes or until an
inserted toothpick comes out clean, rotating the pan half way through.
13. Cool muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
14. Remove muffins from pan and let cool on wire rack for additional 5 minutes.