This is a sponsored post on behalf of Acorn Influence and Cafe Breaks. However, all opinions are my own.
Being a work at home mother and a stay at home mother is not all glitter and rainbows. I love what I do and love being here for my kids, but sometimes I think it is more stressful than having a job outside of the home. After the children are taken care of, husband fed and in bed, and virtual assistant clients are happy it is time for this momma to have a few minutes of alone time.
One day while I was out grocery shopping at Kroger, I stumbled upon Cafe Breaks. Now, what these are, they are an indulgent treat that won’t breaks the bank! Not only are they coffee inspired (um… yummy) but they are also made with milk, have no preservatives, gluten free, and only 100 calories, they are the perfect snack for any time of the day. Within two seconds I decided I needed these in my life. I picked up the Mocha Latte flavor and the Caramel Latte flavor. They also have Chai Latte and French Vanilla Latte, but I am not too keen on those flavors.
When I get to have my “me time” it is after I drop kids off at school and successfully get the husband off to work. I have around 20 minutes after getting back home and signing into my virtual assistant duties. Cafe Breaks was exactly what I needed to indulge and have a productive work day. I love to take my twenty minutes and sit down with my favorite indulgences, a sweet treat and a good book. While Cafe Breaks is perfect by itself, I wanted something just a little more decadent and rewarding. I made a Caramel Surprise Parfait. I love parfaits! They are so fun to make and can be made with pretty much any ingredients you have on hand. Check out my recipe below!
- 1 Container of Cafe Breaks Pudding in Caramel Latte
- 1/2 cup of Vanilla Gelato (I used one with caramel and cookie crumbles)
- 1/2 Banana Nut Muffin
- In a glass, or bowl, place 1/4 of your gelato.
- Next, crumble up the banana nut muffin and layer it on top of the gelato.
- Next, take your pudding and layer it all in the on top of the muffin.
- Crumble up some more of your muffin and layer it on top of the pudding layer.
- After that, take 1/4 of your gelato and place it on top of the muffin layer.
- Finally, crumble up a little more muffin and top your parfait.
This decadent treat is not only delicious, but it is the perfect treat for momma when you only have a few minutes to spare. Ready to start snacking and relaxing? Head to your local Kroger and pick up a package of Cafe Breaks Pudding, located in the snack aisle near the other pudding products!
What is your favorite way to relax?