**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Mabel’s Labels has something special in store for all you Shark Week fans! July 5th through July 12th, you’ll be able to get 30% off on Personalized Name Stickers with the Shark or Hammerhead Shark Icon.
Shop the Shark Week sale at Mabel’s Labels >> Shark Week! Get 30% off Personalized Shark Name Stickers
Got a shark-loving fan in the house? Here are some fun facts about sharks:
- Sharks can be fussy eaters. Sometimes they will take a bite out of their prey or just sink their teeth in to get a taste before they start really feeding. If they don’t like the taste, they spit it out and move on.
- Like many creatures, including humans, sharks have a large heart with four separate chambers.
- Blue Sharks are the fastest sharks, reaching speeds of 43 mph, but only in short bursts. Their normal speed is 7 mph.
- Experts believe that the whale shark may be capable of living up to 150 years, making it one of the longest-living creatures on Earth.
- A shark’s skeleton is made of rubbery cartilage, like the tip of our noses.
- A shark attack on a human usually occurs in less than 6 feet 6 inches of calm water, and within a relatively short distance from shore.
- Swell sharks received their name from their ability to swallow water and swelling up themselves to appear larger in the eyes of predators.
- The hammerhead shark has the best sense of smell.
- Shark meat has an unpopular image as food, so fish markets and chefs change the name of shark meat to rock salmon, rock eel, huss or flake.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."