During the summer everyone hates to turn on the stove and heat their house up anymore. Check out this really easy recipe for Crockpot Chicken Tater Tot Casserole that slow cooks all day without heating up your house.
• 1 32 oz bag of frozen tater tots
•1 small bag of bacon pieces
•1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
•3/4 cup of milk
•2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
• Optional: Saute some mushrooms and mix in with your chicken breast.
• Spray your slow cooker with Pam Spray.
• Layer half of the tater tots in the bottom of your crock pot.
• Next sprinkle with a third of the bag of bacon pieces and top with a third of the sharp cheddar cheese.
• Next add the uncooked and cut up chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Top with a third of the bacon pieces and a third of the cheddar cheese and add the rest of the frozen tater tops and top it off with the remaining bacon and cheddar cheese.
• Pour the milk in over the tater tot mix and cook on low for about 5 hours.
*This recipe can also be placed in the oven, prepare the same but leave off the top layer of cheese and bacon bits. Cook at 350 for 55 minutes. Add the final layer of cheese and bacon bits and cook an additional 10 minutes.
You may also like: