Pull out the cast iron skillet and make my delicious Lemon Tarragon Chicken. This moist chicken will have your taste buds begging for more.
Tarragon is a delicious addition to any chicken dish. In fact, it is one of my favorites. Whenever I am making chicken, my husband walks in and immediately says “Tarragon again”. The flavors just mingle together perfectly and makes the dish so savory and moist. Tarragon is a versatile herb. It can be used on protein, fruits, veggies, eggs and even sauces. While this recipe is widely popular on the grill, I decided to make it in my trusty cast iron skillet. I love to cook in my cast iron because I can go from stove to oven, and the dishes always have a rustic taste to it.
In this recipe, I cook the chicken in with potatoes and carrots for a one pot meal that is easy to fix and even easier to clean up. If you are wanting to make just the chicken, just omit the veggies. Lemon Tarragon Chicken can be used in wraps, sandwiches, casseroles, salads and so much more. That is one of the reasons I cook a larger amount. Most of the time there are two pieces of chicken left which can be used for lunch the next day or even for a delicious casserole the next night. The possibilities are endless. This is one meal my kids can’t wait to sit down and start enjoying!
- 3-4 large chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp.Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Onion
- 6-7 small Red Potatoes sliced
- 1 small bag Baby Carrots
- 1 Tbsp. Tarragon
- Parsley for garnish
- 1 Lemon
- In a large sealed tight container add your chicken breasts. 1/2 of a freshly squeezed lemon juice, and seasonings let refrigerate for 2 hours
- In cast iron skillet add 3 tbsp. of olive oil and place on your stovetop at medium heat to high heat.
- Once you start to hear the oil "pop" add your chicken breasts cook on high for 5 minutes until the breasts look crispy then rotate and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now reduce your heat to medium and cook on both sides for 12 minutes each to insure its completely cooked
- Pull the chicken out and place to the side
- Add your onion, potato, and carrots to the cast iron add your 1 tbsp.of tarragon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium heat till tender- add 1/2 of a lemon freshly squeezed juice
- Turn off your heat on your stovetop and place the chicken back in the skillet.
- Garnish with Parsley and lemon wedges
I really hope you enjoy my Lemon Tarragon Chicken as much as my family and I did. Whenever we are asked to bring a dish, I get so many requests for this cast iron skillet meal and even more requests for the recipe. If you make this dish, I would love to see pictures!! Share with me on Facebook and Twitter!! Check out my Meal Planning Monday for more dinner ideas!