There are so many different variations of ice cream that is available to be enjoyed. Anything from ice cream made out of dairy products with added fruit, to ice cream made out of fruit and topped with nuts, there is sure to be a delicious sweet treat that everyone is sure to love. Did you know that ice cream dates back to 5th Century BC? In Ancient Greece, people enjoyed a snow and honey mixture. That just goes to show that ice cream is a beloved treat that has been enjoyed for, well, as long as the earth has been around. What is your favorite ice cream? Mine is my No Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream!
When I was little, my grandmother use to make homemade ice cream. It was one of the things I loved most to do with her. She passed away seven years ago, and ice cream has just not been the same. I haven’t made it in a long time, but my children love when we go to someone’s house and they are making ice cream. Now, we have done the bag ice cream (you know, when you shake the bag with ice and salt and stuff, and ice cream comes out) but making ice cream the other way is just so much cooler. I knew it was time. I decided to make a No Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream and my kids have loved it! It is perfect for the summer time as a sweet treat to be enjoyed after a hot day.
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 Cups sugar
- 1 ¾ Cups flour
- 1 Cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- ½ TBS salt
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2/3 Cup brown sugar
- 6 TBS butter softened
- ¼ Cup milk
- In a medium size bowl add in 1 C flour, vanilla extract, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and softened butter. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add in milk and stir until mixed in.
- Add in remaining flour and stir with a wooden spoon. (Wooden or bamboo spoons are the secret to making good cookies)
- Lastly, add in ½ C chocolate chips.
I hope you enjoyed my No Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream as much as my kid’s did! It is such a fun treat and kids can get up and help you mix all the ingredients.