Disclosure: The information and products were provided by General Mills through Linqia.
How many of y’all are getting ready to plan a Super Bowl party and looking for the perfect snacks and appetizers for your big day? We normally do not watch football, but we love to watch the Super Bowl to check out all of the commercials and the half time show. Plus I love any chance to cook and throw a party. I am going to share one of my favorite recipes that are not only perfect for the Super Bowl, but it is also a huge hit at birthday parties and special occasions where friends and family come over.
For this recipe, I visited my local Publix and purchased a few products from Old El Paso and Avocados from Mexico. When I think of Game Day food, I think of something that can easily be munched on and something you can easily eat while standing because we all know that is the way to watch a football game. This dip is full of flavor and you can easily add your favorite toppings to make it your own, or set up a topping station for your visitors to place all of their favorite toppings on it as they wish.
Now on to my recipe! This recipe features delicious Avocados from Mexico, Old El Paso Flour Tortillas and many other Old El Paso products!
- 2 cans Old El Paso refried beans. I like Traditional.
- 1 small can green chilies
- 1 envelope Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced.
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 jar Old El Paso taco sauce. I like the Mild.
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Fiesta Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Optional: Toppings of your choice such as lettuce, diced pepperoni, black olives etc.
- 1 Package Old El Paso Flour Tortillas
- Bottle of Peanut Oil
- In a bowl, mix together your refried beans, taco seasoning and green chilies. spread into the bottom of a baking dish. You are not baking but I have learned it is easier to serve it when it is in a baking dish.
- Place your avocados (I have learned dicing them before putting them in makes it a lot easier to blend it), lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of the taco sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth. Place your avocado mix on top of the refried bean layer.
- Take your sour cream and spread it on top of the avocado layer.
- Next take your cheese and spread it on top of the sour cream layer.
- Now is where the fun begins. Put any toppings on it you would like. I added just lettuce, but you can add anything you would like, like diced tomatoes, diced pepperoni, black olives.. the possibility is endless.
- When you are done with your toppings, drizzle the remainder Taco Sauce over your dip.
- *Now Cook the "Chips" This is very easy to do. Go ahead and heat up your peanut oil. Take the Flour Tortillas and cut them so they are 6 pieces. They will be odd shaped but its ok. Take and put them into the oil and let them fry around 8 minutes. These are very delicious.