Friday, March 2nd is Dr. Seuss Day! My kids couldn’t be more excited because they are growing up with the classic stories like The Lorax, The Cat in The Hat, Oh, The Places You’ll Go, and of course, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Here’s a fun recipe that the kids can help create to celebrate this amazing author and his incredible tales. Grab a handful, and make story time super special!
For my One Fish, Two Fish Kettle Corn, you will need the following ingredients:
1 Bag of Kettle Corn
1 White chocolate Ghirardelli chocolate wafers
1 Red Chocolate Melts
1 Blue Chocolate Melts
1 cup Blue M&Ms
1 Bag of Red fish candy
Now that you have all of your ingredients, let’s get to making the kettle corn!
- Take a baking pan and cover it with parchment paper
- Pour your kettle corn on top of the parchment paper
- Begin to melt your chocolate. Use our super easy trick
- Use a wilton plastic pastry bag. Place your chocolate wafers in the bag twist the top closed.
One color per bag
- Using a double broiler begin to boil your water place your top sauce pot on top and put your pastry bag inside.
- Once the chocolate is melted drizzle one color at a time
- Let it sit until its hardened
- Now run your popcorn over and repeat the process
- Once it is dry add your M&Ms and Red Fish candy
And that’s it – it’s a fun, creative and easy way to let the kids indulge in a snack that they helped make! We’ll be making a sheet of these, getting in our favorite pajamas and cuddling up together in the reading nook with some Dr. Seuss poems and books. Make this a yearly tradition with your kids, too!