Enjoy a delicious and warming cup of hot cocoa with a twist. My Pumpkin Pie Hot Cocoa is perfect to enjoy any day of the week, no matter how cold (or warm) it is outside.
The weather is getting cold and frightful, and boy is it! It is finally getting cold here in South Carolina, and one thing I hate is being cold. To the point, when it is around 70 degrees I start layering on clothes. I keep a stock of Hot Cocoa in my cabinets so I can always have a warm drink whenever I am ready for a little warmth. I am always looking for new ways to dress up my favorite drink, hot cocoa. I made this recipe which features two of my most favorite things; pumpkin pie and hot cocoa. I bring you my Pumpkin Pie Hot Cocoa.
This recipe features simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. If you do not wish to make homemade whipped cream, you can use store-bought whipped cream. I prefer my whipped cream because when you are mixing it up, you can sprinkle in seasonings like pumpkin spice or caramel seasoning, or whatever. You can truly make it how you want.
Let’s get to making my Pumpkin Pie Hot Cocoa!
- 2 C whole milk
- 1/3 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C milk chocolate chip
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 TBSP canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk milk,whipping cream, cocoa powder, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice together into a sauce pan.
- Add chocolate chips. Stirring to melt.
- Heat until steaming.
- Pour into mugs .
- Add all ingredients in a chilled bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until the cream holds soft peaks.
- Add a dollop of whip cream to the top of each mug.
I hope you enjoyed my Pumpkin Pie Hot Cocoa as much as I do. It is a delicious warm drink that is sure to warm you up even when the coldest of nights have hit. If you make this share it with us on Facebook and Twitter or use the hashtag #mbslrecipe