Shrimp Quesadillas with Avocado Cilantro Dip + a Giveaway!
Oh, I am so excited for the BIG GAME that is coming up in a few short weeks!! Eek!!!! Every year we always have a party where everyone brings a dish, but this year we decided to switch it up a bit. This year we are doing a quesadilla bar. It is very similar to a taco bar, except you fill a flour tortilla with what you want, top it with another tortilla and bake it for a bit. I wanted to give this a dry run before the big day and to also try out this recipe I have been wanting to try for a little while now. I headed over to my local Publix to get everything that I needed.
Between Old El Paso and Avocados from Mexico (plus a few other products) I had everything I needed to make some delicious Shrimp Quesadillas with some creamy Avocado Cilantro Dip to dip them in. Paired with my $1.00 off 3 Old El Paso printable coupon, I was able to save a good chunk of change. Just to let you in on a little secret, from 2/4-2/10, Publix will have their Old El Paso kits Buy One and Get One FREE + you can pair that with this Printable Coupon and the kits will be very very cheap!!
Now on to the recipe:
1 package of small shrimp ( I used raw, deveined and no tails)
1 package of Old El Paso Soft Taco Kit
2 TBS Butter ( I LOVE Chef Sammy Butter)
1 TBS Olive Oil
Monterey Jack Cheese
Any additional toppings (i.e. lettuce, tomato, sour cream)
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Heat the butter and olive in a pan
3. Place the raw shrimp in a bowl and season with the taco seasoning from the kit.
4. Cook shrimp until done.
5. Place one tortilla, then fill with toppings of your choice.
6. Place shrimp on the top of your toppings and then add a good handful of cheese.
7. Top it with another tortilla.
8. Bake in the oven until the tortilla turns a golden brown. My oven took around 15 minutes, but your oven may very.
9. Cool and enjoy!
Avocado Cilantro Dip
1 Avocado from Mexica
1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup Cilantro
1 Jalapeno sliced and seeds removed
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
1. Place everything in a food processor and blend until smooth.