Enjoy a delicious treat with my twisted strawberry shortcake parfait. It combines the classic shortcake with tasty twists.
I love a good Strawberry Shortcake, but really who doesn’t love a sponge cake topped with whipped cream and strawberries. I think that is everyone’s dream! Well while it does taste delicious, it is not the healthiest thing in the world for you to eat. So I set out on a mission to create a healthier version of this that I wouldn’t have to feel bad about eating, or watch my waist and the kids would eat too! I headed to my local Publix and went to the yogurt area, as soon as I set my eyes on Annie’s Yogurt I knew EXACTLY what I was going to make, a Twisted Strawberry Shortcake Parfait.
Annie’s is a brand that is known and loved in my house. Whenever possible, I try to purchase organic for my children because you can’t be too careful with what you are putting in your child’s body. When I saw Annie’s Organic Whole Milk Yogurt at Publix on sale I knew that was what I was going to make my filler for my parfait. At Publix they had three different flavors; strawberry, vanilla, and blueberry. For this recipe, I picked up two different flavors to create the ultimate Twisted Strawberry Shortcake Parfait. I will admit I was a little worried because the containers are very small but they ended up being the perfect amount for the kids to eat. They are also small enough to add into your child’s lunch box for a delicious and healthy dessert at school.
One reason I love Annie’s Yogurts are because you will not find any antibiotics or synthetic hormones, which is in almost every yogurt on the shelf. Also, there are no artificial colorings, flavors, or preservations and is made with organic whole milk and organic fruit. My kids absolutley loved it and I loved them enjoying a delicious nd sweet snack. Now let’s get to the recipe. It is really simple and even the kids can pull up a chair and help.
You will need the following ingredients to make two Twisted Strawberry Shortcake Parfait:
• 4 containers of Annie’s Organic Yogurt (Vanilla and Strawberry)
• One Pound Cake Loaf (You can make this, I just picked one up from the bakery at Publix) sliced into small cubes
• 8 to 12 strawberries, cut and diced
• Caramel ice cream drizzle sauce
It is very easy to make this, it’s pretty much just layering.
• Place half a container of strawberry yogurt on the bottom, top with pound cake cubes and diced strawberries. Top with half the container of vanilla yogurt and top with pound cake cubes and diced strawberries. Repeat with strawberry yogurt, pound cake cubes and diced strawberries. Top with remaining vanilla yogurt and take some pound cake, crumble over the top and drizzle with caramel sauce. Voila! You are done. Now go enjoy a delicious treat.
If you tried this recipe, share it with us on social media!! Just tag us or use the hashtag #MBSL or #MyBlessedSouthernLife