Looking for something different to do with salads for summertime? Check out my 9 unique salad ideas. There is something everyone will love.
Summertime is quickly approaching! I can already taste the sun rays! It is also the perfect time to enjoy salads that you may not enjoy at other times throughout the year. I love a good salad, and eating boring plain salads gets old throughout the year. I have compiled a list of 9 unique salad ideas you can use for your next salad to spice it up!
- Strawberry and Cranberry Salad – This salad is made with water, strawberry gelatin, whole cranberry sauce and chopped up pecans. Place the prepared gelatin salad on your lettuce leaves and top with cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Using any flavor gelatin, prepare it using the quick set recipe which uses ice cubes. Add yogurt, cream cheese (or cottage cheese) to the gelatin along with your favorite fresh or canned fruit, except fresh pineapple which won’t set properly. Chill the mixture until it is properly set. Top with whipped cream.
- Apple Cider can be used in place of water when preparing gelatin salads. In fact, you can use it along with unflavored gelatin, apples, celery and walnuts. Add a little bit of lemon, sugar and ground cloves to spice the salad up even more. Top it with a mixture of sour cream and mayonnaise with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Peaches are a favorite summer fruit. Make a salad of sliced peaches and pears. Add plain or vanilla yogurt, nuts of your choice and honey to taste.
- Apples are usually in ready supply all year round so this salad can be made at any time. Chop your favorite apple and grate some fresh carrots. Toss in some raisins and your favorite nut. Add a little mayonnaise to keep the salad moist and enjoy.
- Find whatever fruit is in season and chop them into bite-size pieces and toss together. You can use blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, peaches, pears, apples, bananas or whatever other fruit your family enjoys.
- Make a bed of fresh lettuce and place grilled or roasted vegetables on top. You could use asparagus, peppers, mushrooms, onions, eggplant, zucchini or your own favorite grilled vegetables.
- Do you like Mexican cuisine? Make a Mexican salad using tomatoes, lettuce, black beans, peppers, onion, corn, and cilantro. You may also want to add diced avocado or salsa.
- Three-bean salad is a favorite of many. Use canned cannellini, kidney and garbanzo beans along with chopped celery, onion, parsley, and rosemary. Make a dressing of apple cider vinegar, sugar, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Which of these 9 Unique Salad Ideas are you going to try first?